We are happy to announce, that we will be re-opening on Monday 12th April. Following a very difficult 12 months, we would like to thank all of our customers that have supported us through purchasing takeaways, gift vouchers and being up for the challenge of braving the elements in the garden.
We have spent our time during lockdown tidying and decorating the pub and the garden, and we have fitted a solid roof to the decking area to ward off the rain.
We will be offering takeaway food and drinks, 7 days a week, with a 20% discount off our main menu pricing. Please phone to order and collect from the garden entrance.
Our food and drinks menus have been slightly reduced, but still top quality using local suppliers.
Please see our new menu below.
In light of the most recent government announcements, there are a few changes in place which we politely ask you to be aware and understanding of to allow us to continue to trade.
– Please wear a face covering when entering, leaving, and moving around the pub garden.
– We will be operating a one way in, one way out system. Entry to the pub will be via the garden, through the car park, only.
– Upon arrival, guests will need to wait at the entrance to be shown to their table and will be required to provide contact details for test and trace purposes.
– Guests are requested to use the hand sanitiser provided on arrival.
– Reservations will be a maximum of six guests.
– To ensure that everyone who wants a table can get one, each booking will be allocated a two and a half hour time slot, if you would like longer, please do let us know upon booking.
– The tables have been measured out to ensure everyone’s safety. Under no circumstances should any tables be moved. Our tables are sanitised after guests leave.
– Please bear in mind that if the weather takes a turn for the worst, we may not be able to offer under cover seating and cannot seat you inside.
– We will take all food and drinks orders at the tables. Please do not approach the bar.
– Contactless card payment is preferred, although cash will still be accepted.
– We respectfully ask all guests to remain seated at their allotted tables during their visit. Please wear your face covering when visiting the toilet and adhere to social distancing when moving around, making use of the hand sanitising stations provided.
Last drinks orders will be at 10:30pm with the garden being vacated by 11:00pm.
These are just some of the changes we have put in place, there may be other changes at short notice depending on product availability etc.
Whilst things may feel slightly different, you can rest assured one thing that will not be changing is the friendly service! Please help us to keep The Three Tuns open for everyone to enjoy by following the guidelines above and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Booking in advance is recommended. To make a reservation, please call: 01795 842840 or email:
Big thanks once again, stay safe and we hope to see you soon.
The Three Tuns Team
The Three Tuns was built in 1468 and has had an ale licence since 1764. Inside you will find crackling open fires and a traditional style pub, plus a separate dining area serving fine restaurant food with an ever changing seasonal menu using local produce. Whether you are looking for a fine dining experience or quality pub food you will be sure to find what you want at The Three Tuns.
Our Chefs are highly trained, having spent much time working in France and as leading Chefs in some of Kent’s finest establishments and Hotels.
A large beer garden at the rear of the pub provides you with a relaxing stream side decking area and plenty of seating, plus is the venue for many an event including Farmers Markets, and a summer Beer Festival. Mysterious and spooky stories are plentiful and whispers of unexplained ghostly activities and secret tunnels are a frequent talking point with the locals.
A great meeting place with friends and family, or the perfect place to start or end any walk for ramblers or Dog walkers as the surrounding area is abundant with history with many public footpaths. Take a few steps from the Saxon shore way and enjoy a cream tea or a refreshing pint of Kentish Lager.
Birthday present? Thank you? Anniversary? Congratulations?
Whatever the occasion a Three Tuns Gift voucher could be the answer our vouchers are made and printed on site.
Each voucher has a 12 month validity and has no restrictions on dates it can be used.
Vouchers available in £5, £10, £20 or £50
You can buy them in person at the pub or over the phone using debit/credit card.
Why not really treat that special person with a combined overnight stay voucher at the Green Farmhouse B&B. For more information please contact us directly.