The Three Tuns was built in 1468 and has had an ale licence since 1764. Inside you will find crackling open fires and a traditional style pub, plus a separate dining area serving fine restaurant food with an ever changing seasonal menu using local produce. Whether you are looking for a fine dining experience or quality pub food you will be sure to find what you want at The Three Tuns.
Our Chefs are highly trained, having spent much time working in France and as leading Chefs in some of Kent’s finest establishments and Hotels.
A large beer garden at the rear of the pub provides you with a relaxing stream side decking area and plenty of seating, plus is the venue for many an event including Farmers Markets, and a summer Beer Festival. Mysterious and spooky stories are plentiful and whispers of unexplained ghostly activities and secret tunnels are a frequent talking point with the locals.
A great meeting place with friends and family, or the perfect place to start or end any walk for ramblers or Dog walkers as the surrounding area is abundant with history with many public footpaths. Take a few steps from the Saxon shore way and enjoy a cream tea or a refreshing pint of Kentish Lager.
Firstly, we would like to say a heartfelt thank you for all the support and kind messages we have received during the last 3 months or so. They mean so much to us and have really kept us positive during the Pandemic. We hope that everyone has managed to stay safe and well during these unprecedented times.
So, it is now the time that we have been looking forward to! We can now confirm that we will be reopening The Three Tuns on Saturday 4th July!
Now that the Government has given us the go ahead and set out the appropriate guidelines to follow, we have made changes to The Tuns to keep all our customers and staff as safe as possible. This will mean that your experience will obviously be different to previous visits.
Here are a few of the changes we have made:
– We will be operating a one way in, one way out system. Entry to the pub will be via the front door only.
– Initially all our tables, inside and outside will be reservations only even if you are only popping in for a pint.
– Reservations will be a maximum of 6 guests.
– To ensure that everyone who wants a table can get one, each booking will be allocated a 3 hour time slot.
– Upon arrival, guests will need to wait at the front entrance to be shown to their table.
– If booking a table for outside, please bear in mind that if the weather takes a turn for the worst, we may not be able to seat you inside.
– The tables inside and outside of the pub have been measured out to ensure everyone’s safety. Under no circumstances can any tables or chairs be moved.
– Customers will be asked to use the provided hand sanitiser when entering the building.
– Our Food and Drinks menus have been slightly reduced, but still top Notch and still using local suppliers. Please see menu below.
– We will take all food and drinks orders at the tables.
– Initially we will have a reduced team of staff to ensure social distancing measures.
– Contactless card payment is preferred, although cash will still be accepted.
– We would respectfully like to ask all guests to remain seated at their allotted tables during their visit. If making use of the facilities, please adhere to social distancing when moving around the pub and make use of the sanitising stations provided.
To make a reservation, please call the pub on: 01795 842840, the phone line will be opened on Tuesday 30th June from 10:00am until 4:00pm.
These are a few of the changes we have had to put in place, there may be other changes at short notice depending on product availability etc.
Whilst these changes may make things feel slightly different, you can rest assured one thing that will not be changing is the best quality of service!
Please help us to stay open by following the guidelines that are set out above.
All the best
The Three Tuns Team
Birthday present? Thank you? Anniversary? Congratulations?
Whatever the occasion a Three Tuns Gift voucher could be the answer our vouchers are made and printed on site.
Each voucher has a 12 month validity and has no restrictions on dates it can be used.
Vouchers available in £5, £10, £20 or £50
You can buy them in person at the pub or over the phone using debit/credit card.
Why not really treat that special person with a combined overnight stay voucher at the Green Farmhouse B&B. For more information please contact us directly.